If you’re a new pool owner or have recently had a child, you’ll want to invest in a pool alarm. These helpful devices function as your eyes and ears even when you’re not nearby your pool. There are plenty of pool alarms on the market. What is the best pool alarm for kids? We’ve tested several of the top brands and reviewed their performance. In this article, we’ll explain the benefits of a pool alarm and how much they cost. Then, we outline which pool alarms are the best choice for your backyard.
Pool Alarm Benefits
The benefits of a pool alarm for kids are narrow but critical. Keeping your children safe is the obvious benefit. There’s nothing more valuable than resting assure that your kids are safe. Furthermore, with pool alarm systems that have camera functionality, you also get the benefit of convenience to be able to check in on your backyard whenever you’d like. Perhaps you’ve had a storm of want to see if your patio furniture has been displaced.
Best Pool Alarm For Kids: SwamCam Pool Alarm
- HUMAN DETECTION ALARM: Our system uses AI motion detection to provide alarm and smart phone alerts of human entry before a potential drowning occurs;…
- ALARM SOUNDS IN ALL LOCATIONS: When triggered alarm sounds at the pool, inside the house and remotely on a smartphone; One-touch emergency direct…
- LIVE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE: Check on your pool area no matter where you are; View the live stream anytime from anywhere in the world with internet access…
The SwamCam is the best pool alarm for kids and in the overall market. This handy pool alarm has all of the bells and whistles you could hope for in a safety device. First, unlike most other pool alarms, the SwamCam comes offers a camera feature. This allows you to get a visual of your pool at any time via your phone.
The SwamCam has its own app that uses AI motion detection to notify you if there’s a problem. Using the app and the microphone built into the device near your pool, you can actually talk through it. That way, if the SwamCam detects motion, you can communicate to your kid that they need to get away from the pool without even entering the backyard.
SwamCam’s camera has a very flat and wide angle. Therefore, you can see a lot more of your backyard/pool area compared to other pool alarms and outdoor cameras we’ve tested. Lastly, the SwamCam is very convenient to use regardless of where you are. You can also arm and disarm the pool alarm via the app and the key code located next to the camera in your backyard.
What Should You Look For In A Pool Alarm For Kids?
Every pool alarm for kids comes with different features and installation details. To make your life easy, we created a short, advanced list of criteria below for how to evaluate one pool alarm from another. Ultimately, it’s your choice to decide which features you want.
- Camera: While you can have a pool alarm without camera functionality, it’s always more comforting to get a pool alarm for kids with one. Aside from alerts to your phone or a loud pitch noise, being able to check in and physically see your pool and surroundings is very helpful.
- Weatherproof: Your pool alarm is going to be outside even if it’s underneath a covering. Therefore, it’s important to have a weather-proof design. Sometimes your sprinkler may spray the pool alarm or a rainstorm will present itself.
- Night Vision: The only thing scarier than a child being left unattended in broad daylight is when their roaming around alone at night. You’ll want a pool alarm that can detect disruptions even when it’s dark outside.
- App/Phone Integration: While a siren can get the job done, newer pool alarms can even alert you via apps right on your phone. This way, you can run inside to get more refreshments or snacks without being concerned that you won’t hear the pool alarm get tripped.
How Much Does A Pool Alarm For Kids Cost?
A simple pool alarm that gives you peace of mind to roam around your backyard will cost between $200 – $250. However, there have been technological advancements in recent years that are far superior. App-connected and camera-featuring pool alarms range from $450 – $550. While there are many backyard products we encourage the lower end for buying, pool alarms are something we urge you to get the best of the best. After all a pool alarm for kids is arguably the most important mechanism in your entire backyard.
What Is The Best Pool Alarm For Kids In 2023?
These are four of the best known and performing pool alarm for kids options. These products range in capabilities, but all are an effective pool alarm. The SwamCam is by far the most advanced option, allowing for easy installation, enablement and it has the best overall experience for pool owners. The camera makes all the difference over its rival, the Lifebuoy. This is another great option that comes with slightly less bells and whistles but still has an app that allows homeowners to leave their backyard with peace of mind.
The Pool Patrol and Poolguard pool alarm for kids are inferior in the sense that they are not as technologically advanced. While they’ll alert you via a siren, they don’t have their own apps. The Poolguard cannot be disabled once it is turned on so that can be an annoying feature. With the SwamCam, you simply have more control and visibility into your backyard and pool safety. We’ve been in the pool industry for over 20 years and can confidently say that the SwamCam and Lifebuoy are well worth the higher price.
If you own a pool, safety is constant concern swirling around in your head. This is especially true if you have a kid. There are plenty of things you can to increase your pool’s safety. You can install a pool gate lock and legally be done, but it’s best to have multiple lines of defense. Therefore, having the best pool alarm for kids is also important. We recommend the SwamCam pool alarm for its state of the art technology and relatively easy ability to manage it. Whichever pool alarm you choose, it’s better to have one than not.