A pool skimmer pole is one of the essential pool maintenance tools. As a pool owner, it may be the item you use the most. Therefore, having the best pool skimmer pole is very important. In this article, we will recommend a handful of good poles and reveal our favorite. We will also detail how you can evaluate other poles too.
Best Pool Skimmer Pole: The Skimmie
- Lightweight and Easy to Use: Our patented anodized aluminum pole is designed to be lightweight and easy to use. With a hook that allows you to lift…
- Durable Fine Mesh Skimmer Net: The Skimmie’s 6.5″ x 4.5″ heavy-duty, tear-resistant, ultra-fine mesh net is specifically designed to trap and collect…
- Stainless Steel Hook: The Skimmie pole has a reinforced stainless steel hook that easily removes the skimmer lid and basket. Its heavy-duty design…
The Skimmie pool skimmer pole is impressive for many reasons. It’s extremely lightweight and it’s mesh net does not tear easily. However, the versatility of this skimmer pole is what made us rank it the best choice. You can use The Skimmie for multiple purposes. Yes, it fulfills the traditional sense of a skimmer pole. The Skimmie can pick up great amounts of debris in your pool, but let’s face it, that is not novel.
The Skimmie is specifically designed to be able to lift skimmer basket lids. This is the first unique function of this skimmer pole. Next, it features a stainless steel hook that can pick up your skimmer basket. Therefore, in addition to being a quality pool skimmer pole and net, The Skimmie can also help you safely and conveniently empty your skimmer baskets.
What To Look For In A Pool Skimmer Pole
We have found and tested several pool skimmer poles that perform well. However, we also believe it’s good to give you our criteria so that you can explore additional pool skimmer poles for yourself. Here is a small list of features to weigh when you
- Skimmer Basket Hook: Something that most pool skimmer pole tools miss is the skimmer basket removal hook. This is a simple but effective way to remove your skimmer lid and pull out the basket safely and without straining your knees and back. To the best of our knowledge, we’ve only seen The Skimmie with this feature but we expect more pole manufacturers to follow.
- Pole Height: You think the longer the pole the better, but there’s actually a sweet spot. Having a long pole height actually makes it harder to use in the pool. Look for a pool skimmer pole between 4 1/2 and 6 feet. Anything longer is unnecessary and anything less is too short.
- Fine Mesh Net: Ideally you should purchase a pool skimmer pole and net together. In doing so, look for an ultra fine mesh net. Many small specs from leaves and other items will escape a net that has larger mesh. Specifically look for the words “fine mesh net” when making your purchase.
4 Best Pool Skimmer Poles Of 2023
These are four of the best pool skimmer poles we found. All of them meet our ideal pole height and perform well for cleaning your pool. The reason we chose The Skimmie as being the best was strictly due to its versatility. While all of these pool skimmer poles are competent, The Skimmie goes one step further in offering another helpful usage, the skimmer basket removal hook.
As you can see, there are many suitable pool skimmer pole tools available. You should buy one with a length between 4 1/2 and 6 feet and with a fine mesh net attachment. Luckily, you can even buy The Skimmie, our favorite pole that comes with a hook for when you clean your pool skimmer. You cannot go wrong with any of the four pool skimmer poles that we’ve included in this review.