Cast aluminum patio furniture provides a durable and stylish option for outdoor living. However, it takes a bit of extra care to keep it looking its best. Patio furniture is expensive, so it’s paramount to maintain your set. With a few simple steps, you will know how to clean cast aluminum patio furniture so it stays looking new and shining bright.
Items You’ll Need To Clean Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture
- 1. Soft bristled brush
- 2. Mild dish soap
- 3. Water
- 4. Towels
- 5. Soft cloth
- 6. Aluminum polish or wax
- 7. Mild abrasive cleaner (optional)
How To Clean Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture
1. Start by wiping down the furniture with a damp rag. This will remove any dirt and debris. You may also want to use a mild detergent and warm water to really get it clean.
2. Once the furniture is clean, use a soft brush to scrub away any stubborn dirt or grime. Be sure to use a gentle touch so you don’t scratch the finish of the furniture.
3. After scrubbing, rinse the furniture off with a hose and allow it to dry completely.
4. Once the furniture is dry, use a mild soap or aluminum cleaner to give it an extra shine. Apply the cleaner with a soft cloth and rub it in with circular motions.
5. Finally, use a polishing cloth to give the furniture a final buff and shine.
How Long Does Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture Last?
When properly cared for, cast aluminum patio furniture can last a lifetime. Cast aluminum is a corrosion-resistant metal that is lightweight, yet strong and durable. A good quality cast aluminum patio set should last up to 20-30 years with proper maintenance. However, if you do not routinely clean your furniture, it may have its lifetime cut in half. To extend the life of your cast aluminum furniture, regularly clean it with a mild dish soap and warm water. Also periodically apply an aluminum polish or wax to protect the finish.
How To Clean Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture Summary
If you perform these simple steps often, you can keep your cast aluminum patio furniture looking great. After all, cast aluminum patio furniture will last many years if kept clean. With regular maintenance, you can enjoy the beauty and durability of your patio furniture for many seasons.